If you live in the DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virginia) then you know that there is a ton of places to eat. Not only is the food just amazing, but the atmosphere at most of the restaurants is pretty spectacular. I love food so much that “eat” was my first word according to my dear parents. Over the past six months I have been to many many MANY restaurants in D.C, which is one of the reasons I decided to post more about food. Also, I have been cooking up a storm, because…well let’s be real, I can’t afford to eat out ALL the time. So, take a look at some of the dishes that I have indulged in.
- Macarons are a HUGE obsession of mine right now! I am particularly obsessed with the flavor Fruity Pebbles…it has actual Fruity Pebbles, how cool is that? I have thought about baking my own at some point, but for now I’ll take the easy way out.
- Okay not to brag or anything, but I’m pretty sure I make the best margaritas ever! It’s all in the tequila baby! Remember National Margarita Day back in February? Well let’s just say I made that day a whole week. Yea I’m a lush.
- Who doesn’t like shrimp and grits? I am a huge sea food lover period. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m from California or because my family is part Creole. Either way I love it!
- Corn Tamale Cakes and Crabcake Bites..MMMMM. Something about food in the form of cakes makes it that much better. I didn’t really want to mention restaurants, but these are obviously from The Cheesecake Factory. Their portion sizes are ridiciously huge, so I suggest ordering from the small plates and appetizer menus.
- Okay so the more I do this, you’ll notice more corn and potatoes. I’m on a gluten free diet for reasons I would rather not discuss, so corn and potatoes is my not much better replacement for bread. This particular dish was supposed to be similar to Mexican Street corn and yes it was so goOD (Bruce Almighty voice.)
I hope you all enjoyed this post because I had fun writing all about it. If you want to know what restaurants I went to, just comment down below! Look out for the next Foodie Friday!