If you live in the DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virginia) then you know that there is a ton of places to eat. Not only is the food just amazing, but the atmosphere at most of the restaurants is pretty spectacular. I love food so much that “eat” was my first word according to my dear parents. Over the past six months I have been to many many MANY restaurants in D.C, which is one of the reasons I decided to post more about food. Also, I have been cooking up a storm, because…well let’s be real, I can’t afford to eat out ALL the time. So, take a look at some of the dishes that I have indulged in.
- Macarons are a HUGE obsession of mine right now! I am particularly obsessed with the flavor Fruity Pebbles…it has actual Fruity Pebbles, how cool is that? I have thought about baking my own at some point, but for now I’ll take the easy way out.
- Okay not to brag or anything, but I’m pretty sure I make the best margaritas ever! It’s all in the tequila baby! Remember National Margarita Day back in February? Well let’s just say I made that day a whole week. Yea I’m a lush.
- Who doesn’t like shrimp and grits? I am a huge sea food lover period. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m from California or because my family is part Creole. Either way I love it!
- Corn Tamale Cakes and Crabcake Bites..MMMMM. Something about food in the form of cakes makes it that much better. I didn’t really want to mention restaurants, but these are obviously from The Cheesecake Factory. Their portion sizes are ridiciously huge, so I suggest ordering from the small plates and appetizer menus.
- Okay so the more I do this, you’ll notice more corn and potatoes. I’m on a gluten free diet for reasons I would rather not discuss, so corn and potatoes is my not much better replacement for bread. This particular dish was supposed to be similar to Mexican Street corn and yes it was so goOD (Bruce Almighty voice.)
I hope you all enjoyed this post because I had fun writing all about it. If you want to know what restaurants I went to, just comment down below! Look out for the next Foodie Friday!
Happy Spring everyone! It sure doesn’t feel like spring where I am. Back in December it decided to be summer and now Mother Nature is deciding to be extremely windy and cool. Let’s hope that the weather will act accordingly in the next month or so because I have made some purchases that will be apart of my spring capsule wardrobe.
I’m talking about these pieces now because I find them to be very versatile and that is key when picking items for your wardrobe. If you’re out shopping and find a few gems that go with just about everything and go with your style… BUY THEM! When first starting out with a capsule wardrobe, finding versatile pieces can be a little tricky, but once you get the hang of it you will just know. OK now on to my gems!
The Black Shirtdress
I bought a shirtdress like this a couple of years ago and I NEVER wore it because I didn’t know what to wear with it. So here we are now with a similar shirtdress and I know exactly what to pair with it…EVERYTHING! I’m thinking lace crop top and shorts/skirt. I could even wear a cheap black or white bandage dress from H&M underneath. I think the possibilities are endless with this piece.
The Cropped Hoodie
This is probably my favorite piece out of them all. I am a sucker for loungewear, which is why it is in my capsule. Most will say not to include loungewear, but for me it is essential. I can picture myself wearing this on a cool spring night enjoying a cocktail with my girls or a mild summer night at the movies with my beau.
This is by far the most versatile piece that everyone should have in his or her wardrobe. Tees are easy to dress up and down no matter the color. Do I really need to go into detail about how to wear this? Tees go with pretty much everything!
These are my latest additions to my wardrobe and I am ecstatic about the warm weather to come! I’ll be sure to do some outfit posts when I wear these items! Stay tuned.
So I’ve been away for awhile I know. I promise I haven’t neglected my blog, I have been working hard on it actually. Sometimes there is such a thing as too many ideas whether they’re good or bad. I wanted to write and post pictures of so many things all at once that I really got in my own way. So I had to ask and remind myself why I have this blog in the first place. I also had to figure out what else I would want to post that didn’t clutter my blog too much. For those who haven’t visited before, I am fashion graduate and a semi minimalist. I’m big on positivity and living a simplistic lifestyle. Oh, and I have a YouTube channel. For those who have visited before I know you’re tired of reading that and it’ll probably be the last time!
With all of that being said, I have decided to post about something different than what I have originally been posting about. There will definitely be more fashion and style! Also I am a huge foodie. I am that person who takes pictures of their food before even touching it. Food is a beautiful thing. And of course, I will still be talking about minimalism and simplicity because that is a big part of my life now. So basically there will be more pictures and less of me rambling…okay maybe a little rambling.
So things on here will be slightly different but definitely more interesting. I am definitely excited and am looking forward to blogging again!