Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had wonderful holiday season and is starting the new year off on a happy refreshed note! I decided to start off the new year by posting about my skincare routine I began just before Christmas.
Right before graduation I went into stress mode and unfortunately but not surprisingly broke out into some really terrible pimples all over my T-zone. I then told myself I would take better care of my skin with better products and try not to skimp out on the routine no matter what. I began seeing results within a few days, never missing a day even when I was sick with a sore throat. This routine has taken me into the new year and I hope to continue with it over the course of the next few months.
Morning Skincare Routine
- Herbalism – Face & Body Cleanser. $13.95. I love this face wash because it is exfoliating, yet gentle. It does not contain sulfates, so it does not have suds that can strip your skin of the oils that your skin actually needs.
- Oils of Life – Intensely Revitalizing Essence Lotion by The Body Shop. $22.00. This essence is a blend of oil and water that leaves your face feeling replenished and ready for the next step.
- Simple – Protecting Light Moisturizer SPF 15. Pretty self explanatory!
Nighttime Skincare Routine
1. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil $6.00 – This oil is perfect for removing makeup at the end of the day. Just add water
2. Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel $14.00 – Also removes oil and does not foam up. As you can see I am not a big fan of sulfates. This cleanser will most likely be a staple that I keep throughout the whole year.
3. Oils of Life – Intensely Revitalizing Essence Lotion $22.00.
4. Oils of Life – Intensely Revitalizing Facial Oil $36.00. An anti-aging skin oil containing three select seed oils.
5. Imperialis Moisturizer – $25.95. This balancing lavender cream works for most skin types and is the perfect night cream.
So far, I love all of these products and will continue to use them until they either run out or stop working. If anybody would like for me to go into further review on any of these products please just hit that comment button!